Angela's Rose Cotage
B & B / Self Catering
B & B / Self Catering
Robin van den Berg
+27 82 822 6847
14 Hammerkop Street
Introduction to Angela's Rose Cottage
Rose Cottage Gariep Dam (AA Recommended Accommodation) is an inexpensive luxury self catering or B&B guesthouse complex that is situated half-way between JHB and Cape Town and is only 5 minutes from the N1 highway. It is an ideal pit-stop for the weary guest wanting to break their journey. Luxury accommodation at a very reasonable price.
Rose cottage description:
Rose Cottage Gariep Dam (AA Recommended Accommodation) is a luxury self catering or B&B guesthouse complex that is situated half-way between Johannesburg and Cape Town and is only 5 minutes from the N1 highway. It is an ideal pit-stop for the weary guest simply wanting to break their journey to have a single night sleepover or for the guest wanting to spend some extra days enjoying what the beautiful Gariep Dam village and surrounding area has to offer. Luxury accommodation at a very reasonable price!! Soak up the crispy Karoo air, look up at night sky and see billions of stars, identify the “milky way”, watch the satellites pass overhead. Food for your soul!!
Rose Cottage is mostly acknowledged as one of the premier self catering establishment in the area with some guests giving the Cottage a 4 Star rating and other guests claiming it’s the best value for money guesthouse in South Africa. It is an AA Recommended accommodation.
Gariep Dam was voted
“Tourist Town of the Year in 2010” and is an absolutely “crime free” area”.
Enjoy superb Water sports, Yachting and Fishing, Game Reserves at South Africa's number one Microlite & Gyro paradise. Gariep Dam has Supermarkets, restaurants and pubs and cute home style café’s.
The Gariep Dam is just forty kilometers from Colesberg and is South Africa's largest dam (appropriately renamed Lake Gariep), truly the heart of the country.
All units have TV's (most units are fitted with LCD flat-Screens) with a DSTV decoder with “Easy View” selection .
Safe undercover parking for your vehicle/s and trailer/s.
is divided into multiple separate independent fully equipped self catering units:
All our units have either Simonz or Spine-master luxury beds with new “ice white” highest quality linen and towels for your comfort. Most of our units have been fitted with air-conditioning/fans for those extra hot Karoo days, as well as heaters and braai area's. All units have charming lapa's where you can simply enjoy the quiet peaceful surroundings or enjoy a lovely braai or picnic. All units have access to the pool. There are plenty fruit trees and all/any fruit on the trees are there for our guest to enjoy.
Watch John Burton feed the wild birds at 5 p/m from the comfort of your very own Lapa, a sight to behold!!
“Rose Cottage” is great for the guest who wants to break away from their tiresome journey, or for those who would like to experience what the Gariep Dam has to offer, the ultimate in comfort at extremely reasonable rates.
Rates are inclusive of electricity, linen, towels, toiletries and coffee/tee/sugar in each unit. All guests have access to the garden, fruit trees, swimming pool and secure undercover parking.
Rose Cottage: The turnoff is about 44 KM’s North of “Colesberg” on the N1. Clearly marked “Gariep Dam, Bethulie” Turn off - take the Gariep Dam road. The Village is 5 KM’s from N1 turnoff.
Directions to Rose Cottage travelling South on the N1 Highway
Turnoff is past Springfontein and 44 km before Colesberg on left hand side, clearly marked "Gariep Dam".
Only 5 minutes to the Shell garage, take TING TINKIE street right and travel about 800 metres.
Spot the flags to your right .Take 4th street right into Hammerkop Street. Rose Cottage is at 14 Hammerkop Street.
Super High Season:
13 December 2015 - 6 January 2016
4 Sleeper Units: R1520.00
3 Sleeper Units: R1140.00
2 Sleeper Units: R760.00
High Season Dates:
25 March- 13 April 2015
24 - 28 April 2015
1 - 4 May 2015
25 June - 21 July 2015
7 - 11 August 2015
23 - 28 September 2015
1 - 13 October 2015
1 - 12 December 2015
7 - 17 January 2016
4 Sleeper Units: R1360.00
3 Sleeper Units: R1020.00
2 Sleeper Units: R680.00
Low Season Rates:
4 Sleeper Units: R1120.00
3 Sleeper Units: R840.00
2 Sleeper Units: R560.00
22 July 2015 - 6 August 2015
4 Sleeper Units: R780.00
3 Sleeper Units: R585.00
2 Sleeper Units: R390.00
POLICY AND DISCLAIMERS
Important information regarding your stay at Rose Cottage
- There is no direct view of the dam from the Units
- Although we will do our best to book you into the unit specified, unforeseen circumstances may result in allocation to a different unit
- All units are non smoking and pets are not allowed
- Day visitors: R75.00 per day.
- All guests have access and usage of the pool. Children under age 12 are NOT allowed in the pool area without adult supervision
Policies & Disclaimers
You agree that by acceptance of a quote, you are liable for a 100% deposit
We understand that plans sometimes change, however Rose Cottage imposes the following policy regarding cancellations:
- Cancellations made on bookings not yet paid for, 48 hours or less before arrival date, would be subjected to full payment.
- Cancellations made on paid bookings, will result in Rose Cottage issuing a voucher for the amount paid, valid for a period of three years.
- Regret NO refunds.
- A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid as a result of Hospitalization, Rose Cottage will require a Medical certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3 year free stay voucher will be provided
- A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid as a result of DEATH, Rose Cottage will require a DEATH certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3 year free stay voucher will be provided
- The Guest House complex closes at 21.30, late arrivals stand to lose their accommodation if no “late arrival” arrangements have been made with our on duty manager by phoning him/her on 0723428321
- Although management respects your rights to Privacy, due to the nature and situation of the Guest House, disturbances from persons or other guests could occur and that management has no control over that.
- Management has taken steps to provide reasonable security for its guests, Rose Cottage management cannot be held responsible for theft or damage to Guests property.
- The management cannot be held responsible for the failure of electronic items such as Air Conditioners, TV’s.
- You are made aware that Gariep Dam is in the heart of the Karroo and it is bitterly cold in winter and extremely hot in summer and that there are NOT air conditioners in all units.
Rose Cottage Management
Facilities at Rose Cottage:
Rose Cottage has its very own Breakfast Restaurant with a comprehensive menu at well priced rates
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Garden and Fruit from Trees
- Tea & Coffee Facilities in each unit
- Bar Fridge in Unit
- Fully equipped for a self catering stay
- Laundry Service
- Television in Units
- Braai / Barbecue
- No Pets Permitted
- Undercover off Street Parking
- Credit Card Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Most units (but not all units) have Air-Conditioning in Rooms
- Heater and fans in Rooms
- Private Lapa’s
- Braai Facilities
Sports and other facilities in the area
- Golf in Area
- Great Outdoors
- Hang Gliding
- Fishing - Fly
- Hiking / Backpacking
- Game Reserve
- Bird Watching
- Gliding - Traditional
- River rafting
- Put-put and bowls
- Plenty shops, restaurants, pubs, hotel and fuel